CLASS PARENT AND ASSISTANT CLASS PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meet with the teacher prior to Back-to-School Night to review plans for the upcoming school year classroom activities, i.e., parties, trips, special events, etc. Review class dues amount after setting aside money for class BBQ, planners, and other planned expenses.
• Decide with the teacher how many parent volunteers will be needed for each event. Create classroom activity sign-up sheets, leaving a predetermined number of slots for parent volunteers. Each teacher/grade level chooses volunteers in different ways. Support teachers in how they select volunteers.
• Please use blind-copy when emailing parents in your class and do not distribute email address information to other parents in the class.
CLASS PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create a sheet for compiling parent email addresses.
• Recruit volunteers at Back-to-School night. Try to have all sign up sheets completed that night.
• Attend Back-to-School night
Bring classroom activity sign up sheets, nametags for each parent, a few pens, tape, etc.
Inform parents about the classroom activity sign up sheets.
Collect class dues. Bring these home with you.
Collect Pizza Day money or opt-out forms. Return to Pizza Day Co-chairs that night.
• Assist teacher with special events that may come up throughout the year.
• As classroom events approach, contact volunteers to remind them of the event date, time, and their responsibilities. Confirm with the teacher that parents have sent in all event supplies on time.
• Keep the Assistant Class Parent informed of class activities.
• Keep a list of the year’s activities in the PTA class folder and add any suggestions for next year.
• Keep a record of how class dues are spent. At year-end, create an annual report based on this information and place it in the PTA class folder.
• Return the PTA class folder at year-end to either Todd School PTA Mailbox.
Kindergarten is unique in that there is a lot of parent interaction throughout the year. This requires a great deal of organization and communication on the part of the Class Parent. Tasks include organization of mystery readers (sometimes organized by the Assistant Class Parent) and other events throughout the year.
Fifth Grade – The entire Fifth-Grade team plans Fifth-Grade classroom activities and trips. The Lead Class Parents will work with the Team Leader to coordinate all Fifth-Grade classes’ activities including flyers for events, trips, and class gift. Note: Fifth-Grade class parents are Co-Class Parents.
Grade-Level Lead Class Parents
Each grade level has one or two teachers who are the Team Leaders. If there are two Team
Leaders for a grade, the Class Parent for one of those teachers is deemed to be the Grade Level Lead Class Parent. The Lead Class Parent may have various added responsibilities including organization of grade-wide year-end events.
ASSISTANT CLASS PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attend Back-to-School Night
Assist Class Parent with collection of class dues and Pizza Day money.
Create the yearbook page for your class and/or find other parent volunteers to help.
• Review and Implement Gift Policy
Holiday and Year End Gifts for Teachers, Teaching Assistants, and Lunch Monitors:
- Regarding gift giving, holiday gifts are a personal matter. Everyone celebrates differently. There is no organized holiday gift giving to Todd School teachers by the class parents. In accordance with Policy #7440 – Gifts to teachers – nominal amounts of money may be collected to give to teachers at the academic year-end.
• Collect nominal amounts of money for purchase of year-end class gift for teachers.
CLASS PARENT AND ASSISTANT CLASS PARENT ROLES SHOULD BE COLLABORATIVE.
Please discuss how responsibilities will be distributed and/or shared.